How can I comment in the online forums?
Simply click on the Register tab at the top right hand of the page,
- when prompted create a USERNAME (Note: your comments will appear under your user name and you can comment annymously through a username of your choice)
- create a PASSWORD of your choice
- provide a valid email address, your age, gender and the location in which you live
What are the advantages of engaging online?
- It is a quick, safe and convenient way to have your say on a range of issues and topics.
- It is a great way to keep up to date and contribute your views on issues affecting your community.
- You can see what other community members think about an issue or topic, respond with your own views and engage in a discussion.
- You don't have to attend community meetings at a set place and time you can contribute at a time and place that suits you.
- It allows for a range of different people, with different views to discuss matters that impact on their community.
Is my privacy protected?
Yes! Your privacy is absolutely protected and Council will only use your email to contact you with updates and to invite you to participate in consultations. Your email address will not be distributed to any third party or used for any others purpose. We do not ask for your personal details or require them at any time as part of your participation. You may like to review our privacy statement for this site.
How are forum comments moderated?
All moderation is carried out by Bang the Table and is independent to the City of Canning. The moderators do not edit or alter any comments and will only remove comments deemed to be significantly off topic, offensive or malicious, in which case they are removed form the site immediately. Refer to the guidelines at the 'Moderation' tab in the menu bar at the bottom of the page.